Sunday, April 7, 2013

Monkey See Monkey Do

Many people who have more than one child experience this phenomenon.  The younger sibling usually is longing to be as "cool" and "grown up" as the older sibling, so they model after all of their actions.

This happens with twins, only neither is actually any more grown up.  Imagine walking out of the gym exhausted, and one girl takes off running down the sidewalk.  Calmly I say " 'I', let's go, come on back".  And she keeps on running.  While I'm trying to decide how to gather up "I", "A" decides it's so funny to make mommy upset, she takes off running with her. There I am with a diaper bag and a gym bag, chasing my two two-year olds down the sidewalk.

This is where things take a turn. "I" trips and falls on the ground gently, and says "oohh".  "A", the follower, likes what she sees, and decides to throw herself on the ground saying "oohh, oohh".  "A" then gets up and throws herself down again.  I can't help but laugh as my daughters are now purposely tumbling down the sidewalk.  I can imagine the thoughts going through the heads of the employees in the stores we passed.  "A" threw herself on the front mat of one of the businesses.

At this point it was an easy catch, but then I had to figure out how to discuss with them what just happened, and how they shouldn't run in the first place.

Just another day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment