Saturday, March 30, 2013

Things Forgotten

The good news is that we have never forgotten one daughter all together.

Most parents do forget something from time to time.  I have gone to change a "poopy" diaper and not had wipes and  I've had messy wet girls with no alternative outfits.  To be completely truthful, there has been a couple of times that I've arrived home and I have one daughter fully hooked in her seat, and the other halfway done.  This usually happens when daughter #2 tries to make a mad dash while I'm putting daugher #1 in the car.

But the highlight of things forgotten was a Saturday morning when the girls were about 7 months.  I had worked the day before, meaning that Todd had the daunting task of putting the girls to bed.  (It really is quite daunting).  We walked into their room together, he approaches I in her crib, and I approach A.  I grab A, and she was wet!  I figured she wet through her diaper, as they both were doing that from time to time.

But as I felt around her bottom, it was sopping wet, as was the bed.  My first thought was that she was sick or something was wrong with her kidneys.  (I'm a nurse, what can I say).

I pop her up on the changing table, take her sleeper off to find a bare bottom with no diaper!  I'm not sure I had laughed that hard since the girls had been born.  This story hit all of my message boards immediately, and the hubby knew he would never live it down.

Perhaps the best part of the story is that a couple of months later ... it happened again!  It goes to show that even "dads of the year" can have a slip up from time to time.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment